Posts for category: Family Doctor
Childhood allergies are very common. Like adults, children can be allergic to foods like nuts or shellfish, products like laundry detergent or soaps, pet dander, or to environmental allergens like mold, dust, and pollen. Allergies range from mild to severe and can be serious and even life-threatening in some cases. Dr. Sandra Arce-Garzon and Dr. Sergio Casaclang, the pediatricians at Best Care Family Health Center offer allergy testing and treatment services in Milwaukee, WI.
Allergy Relief and Treatment
The treatment options for pediatric allergies vary depending on the severity and type of allergy. Many cases of seasonal and environmental allergies can be managed with over the counter medications, lifestyle modifications, and avoiding allergy triggers.
The first step in obtaining adequate treatment and symptom relief for allergies is to undergo comprehensive allergy testing, as the direct cause of an allergic reaction is not always obvious, and some children suffer from multiple allergies at the same time.
Signs Your Child Should Visit the Allergy Clinic
The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, allergies and asthma are among the most common health conditions in the United States, affecting over 50 million Americans every year. Here are some of the symptoms and issues to look for:
- Chronic sinus infections not related to the common cold or seasonal flu
- Difficulty breathing, chronic wheezing/coughing that affects the ability to fully participate in physical activity and has a negative effect on the overall quality of life
- Rash or hives
- Itchy throat/palette
- Swelling in the lips/tongue/throat/face
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy/red/watery eyes
Find an Allergy Clinic in Milwaukee, WI
For more information about the best management and treatment options for your child's allergies, contact Best Care Family Health Center today by calling (414) 282-5810 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Arce-Garzon or Dr. Casaclang today.
- Un historial médico completo y entrevista de los antecedentes de salud
- Chequeos preventivos regulares, los cuales incluyen análisis de sangre, chequeo de la presión arterial y exámenes de glucosa. Exámenes de audición, visión y niveles de plomo en los niños.
- Se toma el peso y altura y se compara con las visitas anteriores. Ademas de hacer una consulta en nutrición de ser necesario.
- La prescription de medicamentos cuando sea necesario.
- La administración de vacunas para niños que sean necesarias en el momento de la visita.
- Exámenes físicos para poder practicar deportes.
Going to the doctor for a checkup or required treatment can sometimes be a nerve-wracking experience, especially for young children. It’s best to have the whole family involved if possible. Best Care Family Health Center is a family practice located in Milwaukee, WI that is committed to helping parents, their children, and seniors get the care that they need. Read below to learn the benefits of having one doctor who can see your whole family—sometimes all in one appointment!
One Doctor for the Family
We're focused on providing optimal and comprehensive care to both parents and their children. This doctor offers general medicine and pediatric care with an understanding of the needs of patients of all ages. When the whole family has a home base for medical care that readily holds their charts, medical history, past treatments, and test results, healthcare becomes much easier. Children can be monitored for developmental milestones and receive the vaccinations they need. Older adults can also stay on top of their diagnosed health conditions.
Care from a Family Doctor
A wide range of treatments and care options are available at Best Care Family Health Center in Milwaukee, WI. Here is what you can expect at an initial visit:
- Full medical history and background interview
- Standard preventative checkups, which include a blood screening, blood pressure check, and glucose test. Vision, hearing and lead tests for children
- Weight and height taken (compared with previous visits) and a nutritional consultation if needed
- Medications prescribed where necessary and vaccinations or a sports physical for children
Treating the Whole Family
When you have a common family doctor who is also a pediatrician, it may be possible to schedule joint appointments for parents and children. This could make going to the doctor a fun and more relaxing family experience, especially for younger people. There’s no need to hesitate to make an appointment if you have concerns when you have a trusted family doctor—just pick up the phone and make an appointment!
Call for a Consultation
The goal of the team at Best Care Family Health Center in Milwaukee, WI is to keep you and your family members healthy and well-cared for. Contact the office at (414) 282-5810 today to schedule a visit with Dr. Sandra Arce-Garzon or Dr. Sergio Casaclang.